Sugar free cinnamon buns
Take your time and put a lot of love into it: Then our cinnamon buns will turn out especially well. ✔︎ sweetened with stevia ✔︎
Nutritional information per portion
Saved sugar calories
Preparation without sugar
- Mix together milk (42 °C), egg and spices.
- Combine the dry ingredients and instant yeast.
- Add to the liquid and knead into a smooth, supple dough. Finally, add the melted butter.
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for around 15 minutes.
- For the filling: Mix the cinnamon, SteviaSweet Baking sugar and white flour with the softened butter.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface. Roll out the dough into a square around 5 mm thick. Spread a thin layer of filling evenly across the dough.
- Fold a third of the dough from the top side down to the lower side and to the centre, then fold the bottom side to the top side. You now have a rectangle of dough with three layers.
- Slice into 3-cm strips using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Turn the strips onto their sides so that the cinnamon swirl is visible. Squeeze the ends slightly so that they do not unravel in the oven.
- Cover the cinnamon buns with a clean cloth and leave to rise in a draught-free place for around 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush the buns with egg and sprinkle with almond slivers. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven at 225 °C for approx. 10 to 15 minutes.
Ingredients for 16 servings
|460 g||white flour|
|50 g||SteviaSweet Baking sugar|
|11 g||instant yeast|
|100 ml||melted butter|
|100 g||SteviaSweet Baking sugar|
|1 tbsp||white flour|
|150 g||butter (at room temperature)|
For brushing and decoration