Sugar-free strawberry cake
An unearthly treat for the palate: a sugar-free strawberry cake - light as a cloud, with a fruity base of bananas and apple sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
Preparation without sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Grease a cake tin (20 cm) and dust with flour.
- Puree the banana and mix with the apple sauce. Beat the eggs (once at room temperature) until foamy. Add the fruit puree little by little, whisking all the time.
- Combine and mix the dry ingredients and add to the egg foam a little at a time. Carefully knead the dough until smooth. Place the dough into the tin.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for approx. 30 to 35 minutes. Occasionally use a toothpick to check whether the base is properly baked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Whip the cream. Add the curd cheese. Add vanilla and SteviaSweet Baking sugar to taste.
- Hull and halve or quarter the strawberries.
- Divide the cake base into two halves. Sprinkle with a little milk.
- Spread the cream mixture and strawberries over one half and place the other half on top. Spread more cream mixture over the top, but not around the sides.
- Decorate with strawberries, mint leaves and edible flowers immediately before serving.
Hint: If you want the cake taller, prepare twice as much cake mix and bake in two tins.
Ingredients for 6 servings
|100 ml||sugar-free apple sauce|
|95 g||white flour|
|100 g||SteviaSweet Baking sugar|
|70 g||potato flour|
|1 TL||baking powder|
|1/2 TL||ground cardamom|
For the tin and moisten
Filling and glaze
|150 g||curd cheese|
|1 TL||ground vanilla|
|2 EL||SteviaSweet Baking sugar|
|400 g||fresh strawberries|
|Mint or lemon balm, edible flowers|