Are you unsure how and where to use stevia? First, familiarise yourself with the natural sweetener – we’ve put together a few key tips for you.
• Many stevia products can be used just like sugar: just replace the sugar one to one. Cooking and baking in particular, however, take a little experience, as specific properties can change the results slightly. We provide you with lots of recipes
that were developed with SteviaSweet and are guaranteed to work – a great way for you to enjoy cutting out sugar.
• Find the stevia product
best suited to your application.
• If you want to freeze a dish, use a little more stevia when preparing the recipe.
• Add a pinch of salt to your dishes with stevia – it intensifies the taste.
• For more depth, add an additional flavour, such as vanilla, cinnamon or cardamom.
• Combined with the bitter-tasting compounds in coffee, stevia can cause a liquorice taste. Do you like it? Give it a try.
Baking with SteviaSweet
Natural sweetener stevia is available in a wide range of forms; for baking, we recommend SteviaSweet Crystal.
We created the product especially for cake, muffins etc. In combination with erythritol, stevia is the ideal sugar substitute here.
Erythritol is extracted from natural raw materials such as corn or pears and serves as a carrier for SteviaSweet Crystal.
Products that consist of 100% erythritol have a sweetening effect of just 0.8 to 1 compared to sugar. In contrast, SteviaSweet Crystal combines erythritol as a raw material with stevia, making it twice as sweet as sugar.
Household sugar plays a range of roles in baking. One the one hand, it caramelises at high temperatures, creating both flavour and a browning effect. On the other hand, sugar also produces volume and helps to form structure.
As stevia has different properties from sugar, you need to be aware of a few things when using it in baking:
• Your cake will be lighter in colour.
• To achieve more volume, separate the egg white and beat until stiff before adding it to the cake batter.
• Stevia products contain less moisture, so you need to eat up your baked goods faster.
To make sure your baking is a success, we have developed delicious sugar-free recipes for every occasion. Needless to say, our team has tested all the results – and declared them “outstanding”.
Celebrating a children’s birthday party? Try our recipe for sugar-free and flourless chocolate cake
. Having a garden party? How about sugar-free vegan strawberry cake
? Want to treat your colleagues in the office? They’ll love your sugar-free lime and coconut muffins
Cooking with SteviaSweet
Did you know that lots of sauces contain a significant quantity of sugar? When cooking, you can save lots of sugar and calories by using stevia. It also supports your low carb diet.
Try our Buddha bowl with peanut sauce
– here we use SteviaSweet Liquid.
Fancy a salad with honey mustard dressing
? You’ll love our SteviaSweet HoneySweet
Of course, there are many more delicious treats to try, too. Have fun indulging in our sugar-free recipes – bon appetit!